Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 604 buzzing horn

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have encountered a buzzing sound on the horn of my new 604s. Looks like the plastic horn body is vibrating at certain frequencies creating an annoying buzz. If I press my finger lightly against the top of the horn, the buzz stops.

    So, short of standing in front of the speaker, finger on the horn, is there some fix? I put a thick, taut, rubber band around the foremost edge of the horn and it helped somewhat but if the volume is loud, then I can still hear it.

    Is this considered "normal".

    Thanks, everyone.

    John

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    No. This is NOT normal. Which model 604 is it, and where did you get them?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Todd - They are the 604-8H-II's from GPA purchased about a month ago. Except for the occassional buzz, they are superb speakers.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a RARE problem - perhaps it came loose during shipping: Bill and his staff test them thoroughly before they pack them up.

    He'll send you a replacement or fix that one, I am sure - let us know what happens.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder if it might be loose from the magnet. There are two screws that hold the horn to the pole piece. They are hidden under the felt you see from the front. I think someone posted instructions for cutting the felt from the cone so you could get at the screws but I have not tried this yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.